The mission of the CS4NJ Coalition (CS4NJ) is to promote and support equitable high-quality, standards-based Computer Science education for all New Jersey K-12 students by leveraging the strengths, resources and relationships of New Jersey universities, nonprofits, and other stakeholders in support of the goals and milestones identified in the New Jersey Department of Education (NJDOE) Computer Science State Plan.
The goals of CS4NJ are:
- Establish a network of CS educators, government agencies, industry partners, universities and non-profits to promote and support K-12 CS education.
- Increase the number of well-prepared, high-quality educators to teach computer science.
- Expand equitable access to high-quality computer science education for all K-12 students.
- Provide resources to schools and school districts to assist in expanding computer science education across grades K-12 in the classroom or through extra-curricular activities.
- Support NJ universities in establishing programs for preparing K-12 CS teachers such as teacher preparation programs and graduate certificates in Computer Science Education.
- Create and maintain a central web repository for NJ CS education.